Sunday, May 6, 2012

Quick & Easy Salad Dressing


In the past week, I've made this recipe a handful of times. It's something I just threw together on a whim, and it came out great. I decided that making it in the serving bowl would eliminate superfluous steps and streamline the process.

This is a great trick if you're having a dinner party, or if you need to prepare your salad ahead of time. If the dressing is at the bottom of the bowl, you can just pile the greens on top and toss it together when you're ready to serve. If you do it this way, the greens won't wilt or get soggy. Win!

The more you get to know me, you'll realize that when it comes to cooking, I rarely measure things. I rely on sight, feel, and taste. I just think it's so much easier to grab & go, instead of having to mess with measuring spoons & cups. That's just how I do. Less steps equals less dishes. Am I right?

Now let's get to the good stuff, shall we?

I mix it all together using the tongs that I toss the salad with. Make sure your tongs won't scratch the bowl you're using. Otherwise, use a whisk. If you want to double the "recipe" or make this in a separate container, it should keep in the refrigerator for about a week.

Simple Olive Oil Vinaigrette:

3/4 tbl olive oil
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 tsp honey
1 small pinch of good salt (I like sea salt, but kosher is great, too)
2-3 grinds of freshly cracked pepper or 1/8 tsp black pepper
1-2 good shakes of garlic powder

Serves 2-4 
  
These are approximations. Play around with it and see what you like!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment