Sunday, December 1, 2013

10 Months

On the 21st of November (yeah, I'm a bit behind), Aiden turned 10-months-old! I've really noticed in the last few days that he's turning into such a little boy compared to the baby that I've grown to know; and it's just going by way too fast.


The last 5 weeks has been incredibly difficult for our family due to my emergency surgery, 2 hospitalizations, and subsequent recovery (more on that in another post - eventually). But now that I'm starting to feel more like myself, I've been able to enjoy my guy even more.

In just the last week or so, he's been pulling himself up like crazy and cruising the furniture. He's even taking steps while being assisted! It's like once he got it, he got it.


This year was his first Thanksgiving, and I was really excited for him to be a part of the celebration. Serving him the same traditional meal that the rest of us were eating made me very happy. I think, again, because he's turning into a little boy, and now he gets to be part of the fun stuff.

 
Aiden had another height check on the 22nd when he got the 2nd part of the flu shot, and apparently he grew an inch in a month! I know he grew, but I'm not convinced it was a whole inch. Maybe I'm just skeptical because the way they have to measure babies isn't very scientific. So at 10-months and 1 day, he measured 26" in height and weighed 16 lbs, 11 oz. 

The fact that he's so tiny is making it very challenging to find winter wear. All of the 12 month sizes are way too big, and even the smaller sizes too! If you didn't know, baby clothes sizing is all over the place. For instance, this jacket is sized 3-6 months, but it looked just as big as a 12 month size that I had to return. Aiden wasn't a fan.


As I'm sure you could guess. That's getting returned too.

I'm really looking forward to the Holiday and Winter season. I can't wait for Aiden to experience his first snowfall, and for him to tear open his first Christmas gifts. I'm sure the paper will be more interesting than the gift itself, but that's fine with me. As long as I get to see a big smile on his face and his eyes light up, all will be right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment