Sunday, October 27, 2013

9 Months

This little guy turned 9-months-old on Monday, and the snowball is definitely gaining speed. I blink, and he's one-month older. 

He's still just as wee as ever, weighing in at 16lbs 2oz, and measuring 25" long at his check-up on Thursday. I have a feeling that the height is slightly off though, because it looked like his feet moved when the pediatrician was measuring him. (Although, the pediatrician measured 3 times, just to make sure. I remain unconvinced.) More than likely we'll have to do some blood-work to verify that his short-stature isn't a cause for concern, but we're really not worried. Zac was a tiny kid, and our pediatrician seemed more at ease when we told him so.


I'd have to say that this is my favorite age so far. Friday night, we were at a Japanese restaurant, and we had Aiden in a high chair. I said to him, "you're officially part of the family now!" Not that he wasn't before, but now he's truly part of the action. It's such a cool feeling. He REALLY wanted to get at our food, and I obliged with a few tastes of white rice.


He is such a great eater, and besides some teething issues early on, he hasn't turned down a single thing. If he sees anyone eating, he wants whatever they're having. In just the last 2 weeks he's tried (in their natural state): salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, black beans, bread, rice, quinoa, ground turkey, potatoes, pasta, and probably other things that I'm forgetting. I love that now I can often give him part of what we're having for dinner.
***
Aiden is "talking" up a storm now, babbling the days away. He first said "Dada" while we were in California, and now he occasionally says "Mama" as well. It tugs at my heart when he says mama, because he's really only used it when he's crying and he wants me.
***
He's crawling everywhere, and generally beginning to get into mischief. Just the other day, he started pulling the gas fireplace grate down and tries to get at the wires. Ummm NO. If there's a cord or wire around, it's like a moth to a flame. I can't look away for one second.
***

Baths are pretty much is favorite thing. He loves to splash, play with the water, grab at the shower head... and at his junk. That's another favorite activity of his. It makes for some very interesting diaper changes.
 
We're having such a blast with this little guy right now. He's mostly all smiles, giggles, and squeals- it melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment