Sunday, April 21, 2013

3 Months

Today, our little boy turned 3 months old. It's true what they say, that kids grow up so fast. Each day, I try to remember this, and soak up each moment that I can. Being a new parent is not without its challenges, but I've been proud of myself that I've managed to keep my cool throughout this experience. 

I'm able to laugh at things like being peed, pooped, and spit-up on. I haven't yet become angry at the (incredibly) early morning wake-ups. That's saying something, because this girl LOVES to sleep. Trust. But, when I peer into his pack-n-play that's beside our bed, and his little eyes light up as soon as he sees me; well, it just washes away any annoyance that I have for being so exhausted. And then I hope he'll go back to sleep easily, so I can get more rest. Just keepin' it real. 

Every day I fall deeper in love with this child. He brings Zac and I so much joy, and seeing them interact often brings me to tears. The happiest kind. 
_____________

With each new month, I take photos to commemorate our growing boy. Today, after 10+ months of not using our digital camera, I finally broke it out again. It reminded me that I really need to brush up on my photography skills, because I already forgot what little knowledge I had. I also wished that I thought of using the elephant as our monthly photo friend before today. Ah, well. Better late than never. Here's one of the shots that wasn't terribly blurry or out of focus:

Aiden - 3 Months Old


2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie face! Awww. I didn't realize you'd lost your job right before you gave birth- how stressful for you guys. Glad to see you back to posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it was stressful at first, but it's working out just fine now. I'll send you a FB message with what happened if you wanna know. :)

      Delete