Friday, August 10, 2012

The Couch Saga Continues

Today was the day that I expected all of my dreams to come true, and my living room set problem finally solved. Boy, was I wrong. The lady technician who came out saw the problems that we're having with the couch, but somehow, the issue didn't fall under the warranty that we're still qualified for. Immediately after she left, I took to Twitter in disappointment and anger.


As I had hoped, Macy's responded. 

So, write an e-mail I did. It can't hurt. And I figure that may be my last shot at a resolution. Here's what I said.

Hi,

I was told by your Twitter account to e-mail you in regards to my issue. My order number is XXXXXX, and a technician just left my house an hour ago. What is boggling my mind is that the loveseat has broken down, to where if I am sitting in the right side, I am leaning to the right. If I'm sitting in the left side, I am leaning toward the left. To say that it causes discomfort would be an understatement. The couch is separating in the middle, and falling apart. The technician claimed this was a "mechanism" issue and not a frame issue. A frame, by furniture definition, is what supports the structure. It is what keeps the furniture LEVEL. My furniture is not level.

The warranty for the mechanism is apparently only 1 year, while the frame warranty is 3 years. How convenient. Another issue is that green foam is falling from underneath the couch. I'm currently pregnant, and when our baby is crawling around, I can't imagine what would happen if they ingest it. We also have a dog that my husband has found chewing on said foam. I never know when it's going to fall out, and I would be absolutely heartbroken if something happened to my dog because he ate some of it.

My husband and I work very hard for our money, and we paid top dollar for this furniture. We bought it for our first home, and expected to get something that would last MANY years. For it to be in this state after only 2 years is unacceptable. I am not the type of person who wants to get something for nothing. I simply want what is fair, and what is right. Macy's should stand by the quality of their product, and should find FAULT in the fact that their product is not holding up after such a short time. This piece of furniture is now discontinued from Macy's, and I'm not surprised, considering that the quality isn't there.

I am so disappointed, and considering not purchasing from Macy's again. Costco has a successful business model, and Macy's should take some notes. I purchased a mattress from Costco, and after 1 1/2 years, it was faulty. They returned it no questions asked. They saw it for what it was, a faulty product. And a faulty product is what I have from Macy's.

Thank you for your time,
Stephanie H.
I wrote this e-mail an hour ago, and I'm anxiously awaiting their response. I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth, and I've mentioned this before, that I almost feel like I'm being duped. Don't people know not to mess with a pregnant lady?!

No comments:

Post a Comment